ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

multiple output adobe media encoder

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ben Paillard
multiple output adobe media encoder
on Sep 8, 2010 at 2:27:51 pm

I feel really dumb asking that, but I really couldn't find any answer...

I wanna export a comp in adobe media encoder (I have to), and I'd like to use the very useful asset of AE, "multiple output module"... but it doesn't seem to exist in media encoder. does anyone know how to do that ?

basically I'm exporting something for a DVD, but still want to get a HD version for vimeo, so I'm exporting mpeg2 and H264.

the help files and google couldn't be of any help.

thanks !!!

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: multiple output adobe media encoder
on Sep 8, 2010 at 2:49:29 pm

I'm pretty sure you need to use the standalone version of Adobe Media Encoder for this, and you've got it.

As it says in AME's online help connected to Premiere, "You can also manually import one or more Premiere Pro sequences into the standalone Adobe Media Encoder queue to encode them into one or more formats, or to take advantage of other features."

Same thing applies for AE.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
on Sep 8, 2010 at 5:14:00 pm

Just add the item to the Adobe Media Encoder queue twice and set up different export settings for each instance.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
Technical Support for professional video software
After Effects Help & Support
Premiere Pro Help & Support
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Sep 8, 2010 at 5:18:55 pm

And that doesn't force AE to render the same comp twice? It'll just render once and encode twice?

Well, that's certainly cooler than I thought it was!

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
on Sep 8, 2010 at 5:22:13 pm

No, AME isn't quite that smart yet. AME will still call the headless After Effects to do two renders. Sorry for the false hope, Dave.

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
Technical Support for professional video software
After Effects Help & Support
Premiere Pro Help & Support

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Sep 8, 2010 at 5:35:50 pm

[Ben Paillard] "I'm exporting mpeg2 and H264."

Ooooh, I overlooked that little tidbit.

If you don't mind AE rendering twice and encoding twice, do what Todd says. If you want to render out of AE just ONCE, render a lossless file, then take it into Adobe Media Encoder to make the mpeg2 and H.264 files.

AE on its own won't do a very good job rendering those types -- it can't do multipass encoding.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer

Return to posts index

Ben Paillard
on Sep 9, 2010 at 12:17:31 pm

ok guys tahnks, that's what I thought.

Am I right when I say that it sucks ??? I mean if after effect can do it, it shouldn't be too complicated to enable AME to do it right ?? and it would save soooo much time...

my renders are h.264, then DVD NTSC, then DVD PAL... three time as much render time....

the thing is I don't really know how multiple output works in AE, so that's a real question...

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Sep 9, 2010 at 4:28:32 pm

Then don't try to make all those file types! Render once in AE to a lossless codec! Do the conversions in Adobe Media Encoder!

And you threw us a real curve with that DV PAL stuff. You DO understand that DV PAL has a different H&V resolution and frame rate than DV NTSC, right?

Have you considered how lousy your work will look if you just stick it in Adobe Media Encoder with the hope that it can work miracles?

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer

Return to posts index

Ben Paillard
on Sep 9, 2010 at 5:33:00 pm

wow I didn't think I would get such an answer.

so yes I could render it to lossless in AE and render the different format in AME, but it would still require 3 renders, so that's not the point of what i was saying.

Yeah I do understand the difference between pal and ntsc. and I need to make a ntsc DVD out of a Pal camcorder.

My post was not supposed to be disrespectful at all, I just think that this multiple output module feature is really missing in AME.

peace.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]