ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

After Effects won't render all my layers...

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scott TremperAfter Effects won't render all my layers...
by on Sep 2, 2010 at 6:08:26 pm

I'm trying to make a final render .mov of my project, but when I do render it out, AE will only render 3 of the four layers. My layers are an adjustment layer, 2 comps, then a png in the background. I rendered it once, and it worked fine, tweaked the project a bit, and now am unable to render my 2nd comp. Any help here?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: After Effects won't render all my layers...
by on Sep 2, 2010 at 6:26:42 pm

[Scott Tremper] "I rendered it once, and it worked fine, tweaked the project a bit, and now am unable to render my 2nd comp. Any help here?"

It sounds like you "tweaked" things a little too much. The most obvious offender: you moved layers around so they're not even in the frame to render.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Scott TremperRe: After Effects won't render all my layers...
by on Sep 2, 2010 at 7:33:46 pm

You're right. I had also left my old proxies on, so it was showing me all my old work. Got it working great now, thanks!

Return to posts index

Adrian ScherzingerRe: After Effects won't render all my layers...
by on Jul 4, 2012 at 7:12:52 pm

Hi
i have kind of the same problem. In my main Composition Monitor Window everything looks fine, but when i render one or two layers are missing. It worked all fine first. These two layer where missed in the render!?
Is there something like a "do not render this layer" button?
How can it be, that in the Monitor everything looks OK, and when rendering, something is missing?

Many thanks for help

Adrian
AE CS5

Return to posts index

Adrian ScherzingerRe: After Effects won't render all my layers...
by on Jul 4, 2012 at 7:40:04 pm

yes! i found the proxy setting in the render settings. somehow there was not set the "Use No Proxies" setting.

all fine now!

Return to posts index

Martin StrandgaardRe: After Effects won't render all my layers...
by on Dec 20, 2013 at 9:38:35 am

Hi guys!

I'm experiensing the same problem, however the proxy settings is not helping me.

I am doing a project with a birthday theme where 42 little flags form the number "5" on top of some background elements. I have animated the flags and made a precomp out of it. I have tried to render the flags alone from the precomp - so without anything else from the "master" comp, but that's not doing anything for me.

Just like Adrian Scherzinger, everything looks fine in the preview window but some of the layers are missing when rendered.
This is also the case of another precomp i am using later in the project.

Any ideas?

Thank you

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]