ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

DVCPRO HD Preset giving me a 4:3 Comp (instead of 16:9)

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt Jones
DVCPRO HD Preset giving me a 4:3 Comp (instead of 16:9)
on Aug 31, 2010 at 5:04:43 pm

Hey Guys,

Have a bit of a head-scratcher. I use AE CS4 on two different editing systems, the one at work, and my personal one at home, and I'm finding a puzzling discrepancy with a certain preset between the two systems that's making me think I'm missing a setting elsewhere.

On my work editing station, choosing the DVCPRO HD 720 29.97 composition preset will give me exactly what I'm looking for, a 16x9 comp. However, at home, choosing the DVCPRO HD 720 29.97 composition preset (with all the same settings) gives me, for some inexplicable reason, a 4:3 comp. I feel like it has something to do with the Width/Height settings, but they're the same on each system. It almost seems like the work system's AE knows to adjust for the pixel aspect ratio and my home system's AE does not.

For reference, the full settings of the DVCPRO HD 720 29.97 Preset:

Preset: DVCPRO HD 720 29.97
Width: 960 px
Height: 720 px
Pixel Aspect Ratio: HDV 1080/DVCPRO HD 720 (1.33)
Frame Rate: 29.97 fps

Thanks for any help you can give!

- Matt

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: DVCPRO HD Preset giving me a 4:3 Comp (instead of 16:9)
on Aug 31, 2010 at 5:55:52 pm

Just drag the footage onto the Make Comp icon at the bottom of the project window. AE will take it from there.

And get to know the Pixel Aspect Ratio Compensation Switch, which is found at the bottom of the comp window. Your 4x3-looking comps will be shown in 16x9.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]