ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Question about using Subtract and Divide Tutorial

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ryan Dishongh
Question about using Subtract and Divide Tutorial
on Aug 27, 2010 at 8:37:09 pm

I have a triangle shape that I am moving around on screen and I also have some footage in the same composition. I am trying to use the tutorial to get the footage masked around the edges and just inside the triangle. I'm basically using the triangle as a matte. During the animation the triangle is rotating a little bit and it is also scaleing down quite abit. It's a big illustrator file at the moment...

So I have the tutorial working at it's most basic level but as the triangle scales down I want the footage to scale down as well keeping the matte as the same scale properties as the scaling down triangle. However when I scale down the footage it scales down the matte with the footage's scale properties. How can I fix this? Any solutions are greatly appreciated. And If there are easier ways of doing this plz let me know. If you need to see a video Of what I am talking about I can post a link.

Thanks!
Ryan

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Question about using Subtract and Divide Tutorial
on Aug 27, 2010 at 9:02:47 pm

If I understand you correctly, the fix is simple: parent this footage to the triangle. When the triangle scales and moves, the footage will scale and move as well.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Ryan Dishongh
on Aug 29, 2010 at 1:21:16 am

It is parented to the triangle and it moves and scales with the triangle however I want more of the scene to show up in the masked triangle and I think doing this is a completely different thing. Because right now I have the matte effect on the footage as it is in the tutorial but I'm also scaling down the footage. I have an example of my project here with the faulty effect:

http://www.blood-sugar.net/Work/DamageTest.mp4

As you can see I want to start it out with the triangles at 0% opacity where you can see the right color balance on the footage and then as the triangles scale down it fades to 100% opacity. I hope you have a solution. I believe something like this is pretty easy to do I think I'm just missing a couple of steps.

Return to posts index

Ryan Dishongh
on Aug 30, 2010 at 12:34:44 pm

If someone could help me out that would be great! If not I may have to take a new aesthetic direction in my project.

Return to posts index

Ryan Dishongh
on Aug 31, 2010 at 8:52:25 pm

Can anyone help????

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]