ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Arrange layer in 3d space to become an object?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Putrasyah Utama
Arrange layer in 3d space to become an object?
on Aug 23, 2010 at 1:15:16 am

Hello again,,since im quite new with after effect,i search online tutorial as much as possible,when i visit Nick Campbell's site (creamy orange),i found he made roller coaster,carousel,etc.
I become curious and try to built the carousel but i cant find a way to arrange the layers especially for the top part of the carousel.
I hope you guys can help me with this,since im planning to built the roller coaster also which is more complicated than the carousel. :)
thanks

Return to posts index

Hunter Hempen
Re: Arrange layer in 3d space to become an object?
on Aug 23, 2010 at 2:35:39 am

Erm, select the empty box next to the file name of the layer off to the left of the timeline, a little 3D cube should appear. This means the layer is now 3D. (If you don't see any boxes to select, hit F4). By using the blue arrow (or one of those) in the preview screen, you can now give your object depth in Z-space...likewise you could just change the z-position under the position values.

Is this what you seek to accomplish?

Best,
Hunter

Return to posts index

Putrasyah Utama
on Aug 23, 2010 at 4:35:50 am

umm,,I already know that..:)
what i want to know is how he arrange the 3d layers into a more
complicated object (because all i know is just making a cube),thanks
for the reply anyway :)

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
on Aug 23, 2010 at 5:18:56 am

If, as you say, you're new to After Effects, you might want to start with something simpler, until you get the hang of it.

The tutorial by Alan Shisko linked to from this page should give you a good start.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
Technical Support for professional video software
After Effects Help & Support
Premiere Pro Help & Support
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Putrasyah Utama
on Aug 23, 2010 at 12:54:49 pm

yeah maybe i too cocky to create something that not in my level of skill yet..or because i always get excited and curious about what after effect can do.
btw thanks for the advice and the link..will dig into it:)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]