ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Control Effects for Multiple Images

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David JohnsonControl Effects for Multiple Images
by on Aug 17, 2010 at 6:15:39 pm

I just need to know how to apply, adjust and remove single effects on multiple images. It seems to work sometimes, but other times it doesn't.

Return to posts index

Grant SwansonRe: Control Effects for Multiple Images
by on Aug 17, 2010 at 7:06:20 pm

Put an adjustment layer over all of them, and it will affect everything beneath it.

–Grant Swanson
For talks and tutorials on After Effects, color correction, and film-making visit:
http://www.VideoApex.net

Return to posts index

David JohnsonRe: Control Effects for Multiple Images
by on Aug 17, 2010 at 10:27:04 pm

As Grant said, using an adjustment layer is the best way.

There are occasions when an adjustment layer won't accomplish what is needed though (if there's a layer that needs to remain under the layers with the effect, but that the effect shouldn't apply to). So, another option is to precompose the layers you want to apply the effect to, then apply the effect to the precomp layer. As with using an adjustment layer, one advantage is the effect only has to be applied once and can be adjusted once instead of multiple instances.

You can also copy and paste not only effects, but also any or all of their keyframes and/or parameters among layers by selecting the parameters you want to copy in the timeline (even if they don't have keyframes). In fact, you can adjust the same effect parameter on multiple layers at once by selecting just the parameter you want to adjust on each layer.

Return to posts index

David JohnsonRe: Control Effects for Multiple Images
by on Aug 17, 2010 at 11:15:12 pm

Can you go into a little more detail about how to do that? I'm pretty new at this, so I didn't even know you could apply adjustment layers.

Return to posts index

Grant SwansonRe: Control Effects for Multiple Images
by on Aug 18, 2010 at 2:35:53 am

I have to say I got really confused looking at this thread from the forum because you're both David Johnsons!

–Grant Swanson
For talks and tutorials on After Effects, color correction, and film-making visit:
http://www.VideoApex.net

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: Control Effects for Multiple Images
by on Aug 18, 2010 at 3:54:52 am

> I'm pretty new at this...

You might want to start here, then:
http://blogs.adobe.com/toddkopriva/2010/01/getting-started-with-after-eff.h...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
Technical Support for professional video software
After Effects Help & Support
Premiere Pro Help & Support
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Dave JohnsonRe: off-topic
by on Aug 18, 2010 at 3:55:38 pm

Grant,
If you thought you were confused before, how about now? It's all part of my evil plan to take over the world with David Johnson clones. lol

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]