ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

To make a loop hold, at a specific frame

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alex VolkovTo make a loop hold, at a specific frame
by on Aug 6, 2010 at 12:48:51 pm

Hi

I have succeeded making a loop on my comp (using loopOut() expression) but now I want to make it hold at a specific frame and stay there. A solution for this is obvious - to make another layer, which begins with a same (hold) keyframe, as where the loop last stopped.

But..

Is there an easier solution for this? Or is this the only one? Is it possible to make my looping layer to stop looping somehow?

I tried adding a Hold Keyframe (on my looping layer) on a specific frame, but that only resulted in the animation only playing once, and not looping at all in the first place. Meaning - Hold Keyframe screwed up the entired loopOut() expression, unless I did something wrong.

All help is appreciated.

Return to posts index

Dave JohnsonRe: To make a loop hold, at a specific frame
by on Aug 6, 2010 at 1:40:24 pm

Nest your looping comp into a new comp (to avoid possibly messing up the expression) by dragging it onto the comp icon in the project panel (to make sure it has all the same comp settings) and apply time re-mapping to the layer in the new comp. Then, go to the last time-remp keyframe at the end of the layer (which is created automatically when you apply time-remapping), copy it and paste it a second further down in the timeline (or however long you want it to hold on that frame). Might sound complicated, but it's very simple.

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: To make a loop hold, at a specific frame
by on Aug 6, 2010 at 1:41:14 pm

I believe you can do something like what you're asking with some expression trickery. I think it was discussed within the past month on the expressions forum. I would search around over there.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: To make a loop hold, at a specific frame
by on Aug 6, 2010 at 1:41:44 pm

Or what Dave said. :)

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]