ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

transform animation jitter

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joel Arvidssontransform animation jitter
by on Aug 4, 2010 at 6:23:37 pm

Sometimes when you animate or track something the text or loggos gets an small jitter. Is it just something to live with? Its not that bad so a normal person would think of it but its pretty enoying to me. Whats you best trick to make it smooth. I think its more in slow paced animation you se it where you dont have any motionblur to hide under.

It the same for both bitmap and vector loggos (of course the are collapsed).

Anymore have this thougts?

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: transform animation jitter
by on Aug 4, 2010 at 7:14:20 pm

It sounds like you are experiencing issues with interlacing. The edge of your graphic has a sharp edge and the upper/lower field issues cause the edge to jitter.

Assuming all your render settings are correct, couple things you can try, move your grx up or down 1 pixel, sometimes that can help a bit. Another thing to do is apply the effect Blur>Reduce Interlace Flicker. Usually a value of 1 or 2 will take care of the problem.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor

Return to posts index

Joel ArvidssonRe: transform animation jitter
by on Aug 4, 2010 at 7:46:13 pm

It actually helpt alot. I usally use an boxblur and just 0,2 and it looks good in ae. But in final cut its the same old artifact. But with Reduce Interlace Flicker set to 1 its looks more decent. I think 0.2 might been to low for fcp. Anyway was a really good tip of an small artifact that bugs my eyes. Since i work in progressive i didnt think of using the Reduce the interlace flicker but the plasma outputs 1080i. Doh!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved