ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Simple Question - Choose Workspace

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sascha Engel
Simple Question - Choose Workspace
on Jul 30, 2010 at 1:45:43 pm

Usually I work on my MPB with an External Monitor attached. I saved this Workspace in AE.
When I disconnect to the Monitor and I want to use the MBP stand alone and choose Workspace "Standard", AE still assumes a second Monitor and shows the Workspace on the non existent side of the non present external monitor.
How can I force AE to go back to see just the MBP Monitor as only one?

Thanx,

Sascha

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Simple Question - Choose Workspace
on Jul 30, 2010 at 6:04:56 pm

Mac OS System Preferences?

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Sascha Engel
on Jul 30, 2010 at 6:23:24 pm

Where there? I did Detect Displays again then and for all other applications the system is realizing the change.
Just in AE it seems impossible to make it understand that the external Monitor is missing :-(

Sascha

Return to posts index

Steve Bentley
on Sep 2, 2010 at 3:39:44 am

Hey Sascha,
We're finding the same thing. We're also finding that even when you don't remove that second monitor the workspaces aren't remembering every palettes properly (preset ones included).
The whole point of the MBP is that you can work on the run with one screen and then set up properly with a second monitor, hit your "twin" workspace and have (in our case) the timeline fill that second monitor. But what a pain when you go back to a single screen and hit your "single" preset and you can't get that timeline to show up anywhere (or anywhere where you can grab the top of it) on the main screen.
We've also been mourning the loss of the green maximize button on the timeline palette. I guess they figured that if they made the minimize and close buttons small enough we wouldn't notice.
Let me know if you find the answer to the workspaces as it's been bugging us for way too long now.

Return to posts index

Sascha Engel
on Sep 13, 2010 at 6:59:20 am

Well, I did not find a solution yet. But if you should stumble upon one, please, also let me know. It really bothers me and seems so under-standard for an application like After Effects. :-(

Sascha Engel

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]