ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Text in AE - rendering problems.

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Edward RobinsonText in AE - rendering problems.
by on Jul 28, 2010 at 2:55:55 pm

Hey CC, I'm having a lot of trouble with text rendering in a project of mine.
I've never had this problem before, and it's totally crippling me at the moment.

In short, text won't render. The only way I have to view text is by activating the Fast Previews, either by moving an object with the arrow tool, or by manually sliding the Current Time Indicator.
Text doesn't appear in the RAM preview, or in any attempts at rendering the movie.

I'm hoping it isn't something really obvious I've overlooked, but I've a feeling it might be.

Thanks,

Edward Robinson

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Text in AE - rendering problems.
by on Jul 28, 2010 at 4:09:30 pm

Do you want us to guess about the nature of your AE comp, the nature of your system, the software you run and the versions?

Okay, I'll take a guess, and here's what I think is wrong: AE doesn't like you anymore. What did you do to make it angry?
The solution: buy it a nice pizza... and none of that crap from the grocery store. No anchovies. AE doesn't like anchovies.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Edward RobinsonRe: Text in AE - rendering problems.
by on Jul 28, 2010 at 4:41:50 pm

Ah, I apologise, I've never had the problem before, so I assumed it was an option I had changed rather than a hardware or software issue.

I'm running AE CS3, on a 3Ghz AMD Dual-core processor with 4Gb of DDR3 Memory and two internal 500Gb HDs.

In terms of CS3 version, I can only find the numbers 8.0.0.247 and "dva:2.0.0.127159,"
is there any more particular information you need for a diagnosis?

Thanks for the response.

Edit:
Right, I have made some progress in diagnosing the problem; after increasing the Indent Left Margin in the paragraphs window to a 500 pixels (I'm working in NTSC D1 Widescreen Square Pixel with a 864x486 resolution) I was able to see a few letters of the text in question. Further increas allowed me to see other consecutive letters from the text.
I've already reset the character and paragraph details multiple times now, to no avail, so that is out of the question.

Thanks again.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Text in AE - rendering problems.
by on Jul 28, 2010 at 5:19:58 pm

Okay, now get yourself a pizza!

I think if you double-click on the text layer(s) in question, and then scrutinize the numbers: font size, leading, line height, superscript, etc., you're going to find one or more settings really out of whack. Just fix 'em.

An alternative: reset character and paragraph settings to the defaults (again) and make new text layers.... ones you can see.

That oughta do it.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Edward RobinsonRe: Text in AE - rendering problems.
by on Jul 28, 2010 at 6:02:39 pm

Yes!
Seems the character options didn't show all the parameters, all the alignment were a total mess. No idea how they ended up there, but oh well.

Thanks so much for your help Dave, if I ever find myself in Cedar Rapids, I'll make sure I buy you a pizza.

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: Text in AE - rendering problems.
by on Jul 28, 2010 at 8:29:35 pm

You could actually order him a pizza online with Dominos or Papa Johns, pay by credit card, and have them deliver it to his tv station. :)

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]