ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Importing JPEGs into composition only to find that they are JPEG sequences

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Robert PageImporting JPEGs into composition only to find that they are JPEG sequences
by on Jul 27, 2010 at 1:24:58 pm

Hi there.

I'm having an issue with some JPEGS. The file extensions for the JPEGS are .jpg however they come as JPG sequences of all the JPEGs in the folder they're being sourced from. Have you got any ideas why this is and what can be done about it?

Would anybody like a peanut?

Return to posts index

Dave JohnsonRe: Importing JPEGs into composition only to find that they are JPEG sequences
by on Jul 27, 2010 at 3:12:13 pm

If I understand what you described correctly, it sounds like you just have the "import as" drop-down menu at the bottom of the import window set wrong ... change it to "footage" instead of sequence or project and you're good.

Do I get my peanut now?

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: Importing JPEGs into composition only to find that they are JPEG sequences
by on Jul 27, 2010 at 8:46:28 pm

I'll take half of Dave's peanut.

It's actually a checkbox. It says "JPEG Sequence". Uncheck it.

"To prevent After Effects from importing unwanted files when you want to import only a single file, or to prevent After Effects from interpreting multiple files as a sequence, deselect the Sequence option in the Import dialog box. After Effects remembers this setting and thereafter uses it as the default."

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/aftereffects/cs/using/WS3878526689cb91655866c11...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
Technical Support for professional video software
After Effects Help & Support
Premiere Pro Help & Support
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]