ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Noob question about effect->paint->vector paint

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Anton KrugNoob question about effect->paint->vector paint
by on Jul 22, 2010 at 1:33:08 pm

Hi
I'm learning from some tutorials, but they are for older versions. I use CS5 and I fount that the effect->paint->vector paint is removed. I found on adobe website that it's replace by this:

The Vector Paint effect has been removed. Compositions created with a previous version of After Effects that use the Vector Paint effect will still render, but you will not be able to modify the Vector Paint effect properties in these compositions. Instead, use paint tools and shape layers: Drawing, painting, and paths

And I have absolutely no clue how to do it, I tried something but it didn't worked. Could be somebody so helpful and show me webpage, or another tutorial where they show to to do it in CS5?

Thank you in advance.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Noob question about effect->paint->vector paint
by on Jul 22, 2010 at 1:56:03 pm

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/aftereffects/cs/using/WS3878526689cb91655866c11...

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Anton KrugRe: Noob question about effect->paint->vector paint
by on Jul 22, 2010 at 10:12:38 pm

Thank you for the link, I tried it, but perhaps I'm very bad noob in AE because still I wasn't able to replicate effect what I wanted. I have old Riot Gear tutorial and there is 3d space animation, black text on bottom with bitmaps over the the text, the bitmaps contain white paint drops. And are covering the text on places where the text and drops overlap, they made possible to paint the text black again (even when the drops are on the top) and they used the vector paint for that and I'm still not able to replicate that in CS5.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]