ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Disable Resampling in AEE

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David AncerysDisable Resampling in AEE
by on Jul 16, 2010 at 7:11:09 pm

Pretty straight forward question, in Sony Vegas there is option to disable that "ghosting" motion blur, is there a way i can do that with after effects? Thank you :(

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Disable Resampling in AEE
by on Jul 16, 2010 at 7:36:27 pm

[David Ancerys] "...in Sony Vegas there is option to disable that "ghosting" motion blur..."

Motion blur works differently in AE: you have to ADD motion blur if you want it in AE.

Besides that, I don't really know what you're talking about -- are you talking about the motion blur that's part of the image where there's fast action? Or are you talking about removing the interlacing in video?

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

David AncerysRe: Disable Resampling in AEE
by on Jul 16, 2010 at 9:27:33 pm

There is fast action and the lines are left behind creating sort of "ghost" effect, i got that footage and there is alot of tutorials on how to disable resampling in sony vegas, but the guy that gave me the footage, didn't do it so im stuck either with rerendering every single video with resampling off or there could be a trick in after effects how to disable that. I though i would just ask if there is

Return to posts index

by on Jul 16, 2010 at 10:07:39 pm

[David Ancerys] "There is fast action and the lines are left behind creating sort of "ghost" effect, i got that footage and there is alot of tutorials on how to disable resampling in sony vegas"

Yup, sounds like Vegas and AE use different terminology for the same thing: how to handle the fields in SD and 1080 video. Vegas apparently calls it resampling, but AE calls it Separating Fields, a process handled in AE's Interpret Footage settings.

Follow the link Todd Kopriva gives you below, and you'll be all set.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: Disable Resampling in AEE
by on Jul 16, 2010 at 8:39:31 pm

I'm having a hard time understanding what you're asking, too. In addition to what Dave said, I'll suggest that you might be referring to subpixel sampling, as described here.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
Technical Support for professional video software
After Effects Help & Support
Premiere Pro Help & Support
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: Disable Resampling in AEE
by on Jul 16, 2010 at 9:54:38 pm

It sounds like you're talking about separating fields, which is what you do with interlaced footage.

See this page.

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
Technical Support for professional video software
After Effects Help & Support
Premiere Pro Help & Support

Return to posts index

David AncerysRe: Disable Resampling in AEE
by on Jul 16, 2010 at 10:05:53 pm

Ok, hard time understanding, could i just link 30s video?

here it is, this guy explains how to basically disable resampling on the video, what i am asking is how to do this in after effects :)

Return to posts index

by on Jul 16, 2010 at 10:21:41 pm

....and you got an answer, too. There's a link below on how it's done in AE, provided by a guy who works for Adobe.

This ain't some guy who decides to make a YouTube tutorial, and who may or may not have his facts straight. This is the guy who was in charge of After Effects documentation, and who now works tech support for Adobe's Professional Video Products.

I suggest you you follow the gent's advice.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]