ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Animate logo

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Martin Kristoffer BrĂ¥thenAnimate logo
by on Jul 14, 2010 at 3:23:33 pm

Hi! I want to make short intro for my YouTube videos. I have a black on white logo and a white widescreen background and i need it to look interesting. The whole thing is just supposed to be 5 or 6 seconds long, but tasteful. I have tried some basic lens flare, and a twirl but it looks kinda cheap. Ive used effects and puppet tool, but finally understand that I might need some inspiration from AE "experts" I do not want lots of colors and such. Think the lamp Pixar has jumping on letters before their films. Of course that is very professional, but maybe something down that alley. Anyone out there that know about a tutorial or some effects that I should use? Help on this is highly appreciated! Thanks so much in advance!

Return to posts index

Patrick DePuydtRe: Animate logo
by on Jul 14, 2010 at 10:40:06 pm

Hey Martin!

Largely, this is your fight to win, not After Effects. After Effects can only do what you ask, and we can really help you with problems you encounter with the software you try to make your dream a reality.

That said, I'd suggest you take a look at logo introductions you like, and brainstorm. See what other studios and individuals are doing, and what you'd like to see with yours.

The title tutorials on are a great place to start getting some ideas. Start small, and then try to make it happen. This is all you, so make it good!

All the best,

Return to posts index

marcel oomsRe: Animate logo
by on Jul 19, 2010 at 10:46:08 am

As said before, is a great way to start.

But besides that there are a lot of text animators which are perfect for the job if you only have letters as a logo. If you just try one you get a kind of powerpoint feeling, but if you combine them you can get really interesting results.

A good way to begin is start experimenting with the "brainstorm" button. You immediatly see what kind of results are possible

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved