ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Colour change by music

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Robert pukas
Colour change by music
on Jul 13, 2010 at 9:25:02 am

Hello,
I want to make a project where colour changes by music. How do I do that? I know how to make slider change by keyframes converted from audio. Also when I make the keyframes, moves are very jerky, how do I smooth them so they look nice.

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
Re: Colour change by music
on Jul 13, 2010 at 1:44:12 pm

You want smoothing? We got your smoothing right here.

As far as changing the color goes, what color are you trying to change? I would think you would take your values and translate them into values on the hue wheel, but that really depends on what color's you're changing.
This tutorial may give you some interesting ideas.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Bryan Evans
on Jul 13, 2010 at 11:10:16 pm

If you right click your audio track and click keyframe assistant an option will come up to convert audio to keyframes. It will create a new null layer with audio values for Left and Right Channels as well as "Both Channels."
After you do that add a Color Balance (HLS) effect to your color layer. Alt click on the Hue keyframe button. When you do this a "pick whip" icon will come up. Click the pick whip and drag it to the Both Channels effect on your new null layer. You may have to increase the volume of the enitre keyframe sequence to get dramatic color change you are looking for. Hope this helps you out.

Bryan Evans
http://www.cidmedia.com

Return to posts index

Jeff Shyu
on Apr 15, 2014 at 4:13:35 pm

Hello Bryan,
Is there a way to gradually change the color to the next color by editing the expression after the pick whip process is completed?

Thanks,

Jeff

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
on Apr 15, 2014 at 5:24:57 pm

You could add some smoothing to the expression (see the smooth part of this reference page).

If you're looking to do something else, you might consider making a new post to explain what you're trying to do (while, perhaps, linking back to this one).

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Robert pukas
How to automatically pick colour from screen?
on Jul 15, 2010 at 7:56:34 pm

Thank you very much, your posts helped me a lot. Could you also tell me how to pick colour from layer automatically? Cant take from colour effect, because I have lights which changes colour

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]