ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Ram Preview Issues

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rob MooreRam Preview Issues
by on Jul 6, 2010 at 8:33:30 pm

I was recently working on a project in After Effects CS5 and did "something" and now when I RAM PREVIEW I'm only able to render 23fps even though the animation in my comp will be 30 secs. I have it set to LOOP and it just loops the 23 frames. This is extremely frustrating. Please help!!

Return to posts index

Kevin CampRe: Ram Preview Issues
by on Jul 6, 2010 at 9:25:03 pm

it sounds like the endpoint for the work area got shortened, so you are not previewing the entire comp any more (typing an 'n' will set the work area's endpoint to the cti, conversely a 'b' will set a new beginning-point).

you can either grab the work area endpoint and drag it to the end of the comp, or hit the 'end' key on the the keyboard and then type 'n' to set the endpoint to the end of the comp.

Kevin Camp
Senior Designer
KCPQ, KMYQ & KRCW

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Ram Preview Issues
by on Jul 6, 2010 at 9:25:06 pm

It sounds like you only have enough memory to preview 23 frames. Without additional information about your system, OS, AE version, comp settings and footage used, that's about all anybody can say. Except for Kevin, who frequently thinks of the unthought-of.

So get busy and cough up the details, okay?

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Rob MooreRe: Ram Preview Issues
by on Jul 6, 2010 at 11:14:45 pm

I'm working on Windows 7 with 4 gigs of ram. It had nothing to do with the end points on the CTI. Comp settings are:

Preset: HDTV 1080 24
Width: 1920
Height: 1080

Pixel Aspect Ratio: Square Pixels

Frame Rate: 24 fps

Resolution: Quarter (I lowered the resolution after reading that it could be a problem and it worked. I've just never had to lower it to this much before. I usually do a third or half and have no problem.)

with a duration of 26 seconds.

After Effects version 10.0

Return to posts index

Richard HarringtonRe: am Preview Issues
by on Jul 6, 2010 at 11:27:00 pm

Tryusing region of interest
Can also adjust memory controls to use disk cache

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Ram Preview Issues
by on Jul 7, 2010 at 1:33:28 pm

[Rob Moore] "I'm working on Windows 7 with 4 gigs of ram"

...and there's your problem. You don't have anywhere near enough RAM to really take advantage of AE 10's new 64-bit capabilities.

I'm having a friend who works in IT, and whose husband runs Adobe products on a new Mac Pro build me a brand-new Windows box for home (I'm typically a Mac guy). I was thinking I'd like 32 GB minimum, but she's only run across motherboards capable of 24GB. I guess it would be okay, but I'm thinkin' I should have a more capable motherboard.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]