ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

How to center Anchor point

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
heema serafyHow to center Anchor point
by on Jul 3, 2010 at 10:08:29 am

I tried looking for this on the internet but what I have found suggests that the default is that the anchor point is centered.

When I create a rectangle on one side of the screen the anchor point is in the center of the composition rather than the center of the rectangle.

Sorry if this sound noobish I just started using the porgram today

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: How to center Anchor point
by on Jul 3, 2010 at 5:19:17 pm

What kind of rectangle are you creating? I suspect that it is a rectangle shape in a shape layer. If that's the case, then the simple answer is that the anchor point of the shape layer is in the center of the composition, but the anchor point of the rectangle itself is in the center of the rectangle. For more on this, see "FAQ: Why isn't the anchor point centered in shape layers?".

If you're just starting out with After Effects today, then digging deep into shape layers probably isn't the best place to start. They're among the more complex sections of After Effects.

My usual recommendation is to start here.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
Technical Support for professional video software
After Effects Help & Support
Premiere Pro Help & Support
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If a page of After Effects Help answers your question, please consider rating it. If you have a tip, technique, or link to share---or if there is something that you'd like to see added or improved---please leave a comment.

Return to posts index

heema serafyRe: How to center Anchor point
by on Jul 4, 2010 at 10:05:50 am

Thanks alot for the tips Todd, I think I, kind of, understand the idea behind it.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]