ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Fractal Noise Shape Fill - following wiggle transform movement...?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rachel Noble
Fractal Noise Shape Fill - following wiggle transform movement...?
on Jul 11, 2014 at 12:27:32 am

Hey

I have a comp with a lot of shapes layers which all have wiggle transform and wiggle paths applied to make them move (side to side is the main movement) - I wanted to fill each shape with some fractal noise - but I can't work out how to make it follow the movement of the shape (so it looks like it is on the surface of the shape rather than the shape revealing fractal noise underneath it like a sort of window). I'm fairly new to After Effects so don't know how to go about investigating this problem, I've had a bit of a search but not found anything.

One other thing is the shapes are all 3D layers as I have a camera moving towards them which makes them get closer to the camera - so want to keep the resolution up of their surface pattern as they get enlarged moving towards us.

Return to posts index

Juan Roncesvalles
Re: Fractal Noise Shape Fill - following wiggle transform movement...?
on Jul 18, 2014 at 11:59:32 am

Hello,

I think I have a solution for you. My suggestion would be to use a track matte. Create your fractal noise layer and parent it by position to the shape layer. Make sure both layers are 3d. Place the fractal noise layer below the shape layer and select trackmatte (alpha), see image attached. The fractal noise layer should now be attached to the shape layer, and fill (by trackmatte) the layer above. Hope it works out!

Best,
Juan

Return to posts index

Rachel Noble
Re: Fractal Noise Shape Fill - following wiggle transform movement...?
on Jul 19, 2014 at 9:36:46 pm

Thanks for this!

I did try that, but I think the problem is that the position of the shape is not linked to or the same as the movement created by the shape's wiggle path.

i might have to try a different approach, unless I'm not parenting them correctly...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]