ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Composition Ratio Problem

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Spencer StoiberComposition Ratio Problem
by on Jul 20, 2014 at 11:19:14 pm

Ok, so the problem is that when I render videos, they become stretched out. I want the video to look like what it is in the work area. It looks fine there and during render, but is still stretched out when the render is done. I have a picture here http://i1.creativecow.net/u-upload.php# to show what I am talking about. I want the composition (top-left) to look like the work area (mid-right). I'm sorry if this is a novice question, I'm new to CC. Many thanks to those of you who answer!

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: Composition Ratio Problem
by on Jul 21, 2014 at 12:23:43 am

You need to click on the link you provided, select the pictures you want everyone to see, and then copy and paste the embed code.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Spencer StoiberRe: Composition Ratio Problem
by on Jul 21, 2014 at 5:47:32 am

Oh ok sorry, and thanks! Here:

Return to posts index

by on Jul 21, 2014 at 1:06:21 pm

You composition is using 1.33 pixels. That shouldn't be a problem, if your render settings are correct, or if your import settings are correct if you are bringing it into a NLE later. But if there is some interpretation issue, then yes, your design will get stretched(I assume to a 1280x720)

What's confusing to me, is how you created a perfect circle, but you don't have the Pixel Aspect Ratio correction button pressed(it's to the right of the View pulldown). When you press that button, AE, will toggle to "corrected" view that will show you what your video will look like non-square pixels are corrected to a final source.

Importing and interpreting footage items

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."

Return to posts index

by on Jul 21, 2014 at 7:07:49 pm

Yea, I've been having this problem for a few days now, the only time it renders right is if I import the image as 1080x720 and make my waveform fit it, but in the display, it looks all stretched for some reason, but render to the right size pic, although, it does make black bars on the size, and I origionally wanted it to look widescreen as well. If there are other parameters that I could show that could help you determine whats wrong, just ask. Thanks for your help so far!

Return to posts index

by on Jul 22, 2014 at 1:11:36 pm

Create a 1280x720 HD comp with square pixel, drop your footage into that and scale up the footage, AE should interpret it correctly.

If not, I could take a look at your footage if you upload it here(last icon on the reply dialogue) and suggest a proper interpretation.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

Return to posts index

by on Jul 23, 2014 at 11:21:07 pm

Thank you so much for your help! I actually figured out that all I had to do was toggle this button called Pixel Aspect Ratio Correction, your info has been useful for helping me find this! Thanks! :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]