ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

AE Prores on Windows Platform

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lothar Wieland
AE Prores on Windows Platform
on Aug 11, 2014 at 2:11:13 pm

I use both platforms MAC with AE stand alone license and Windows with AE CC license. On my MAC I can render in Prores, but on the windows PC with AE CC. I do not find in the format options the Apple Prores option. What can I do. I have quicktime installed. What else can I check?

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
Re: AE Prores on Windows Platform
on Aug 11, 2014 at 7:57:30 pm

Apple does not make the ProRes encoders available for Windows.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Kevin Camp
on Aug 11, 2014 at 11:09:36 pm

if you are looking for a multi-platform alternative, avid's dnxhd is very similar to prores in quality and bit rate. it should have been installed with after effects or premiere, so you probably have it on both machines. if not, you can download them free from avid (just search avid's site for dnxhd codec).

Kevin Camp
Art Director
KCPQ, KZJO & KRCW

Return to posts index

Lothar Wieland
on Aug 12, 2014 at 5:35:39 am

Thank you for this advice! I checked, and I find in Adobe Media encoder CC on PC under MXF OP1 all DNX Avid codecs in 'all' bitrates… Good to know they are similar to Prores. On MAC it seems to be limited on XDCAMHD, i see no AVId's… :-) But preferrably I work with media on the windows PC.

Return to posts index

Kevin Camp
on Aug 12, 2014 at 10:39:26 pm

if you do need to go between mac and pc, a quicktime work flow would be simplest and you should also be able to render directly from after effects to avid's dnxhd codec in a quicktime (.mov) container.

you can create a new output module template in ae by choosing edit>templates>output module then click 'new'. from there choose 'quicktime' from the format menu and click 'format options'. select avid dnxhd from the video codec options and in the codec settings, you can choose the various formats, frame rates and bit depths.

i don't have a pc to double check that it's the same, but i'm pretty sure that it is. if the avid codecs don't show up under the quicktime format, you can download the avid quicktime codecs directly from avid.

Kevin Camp
Art Director
KCPQ, KZJO & KRCW

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]