ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Keyframes off the edge of the timeline - how do i move them?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
TImi Boose
Keyframes off the edge of the timeline - how do i move them?
on Jul 13, 2014 at 9:45:19 pm

Hi - I have a million layers with different words moving into a shape. Some of the words were taking too long to get there so I moved the first keyframe for a bunch of the layers to the left of the timeline and now I need to move them more and can't seem to find them.

I've been searching forums and see where other people have had this problem and the answer seems to be Pin to Clip which is found in the Source Monitor. Where on earth is the Source Monitor and Pin to Clip? They don't come up in the help menu. Can someone help?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
Re: Keyframes off the edge of the timeline - how do i move them?
on Jul 13, 2014 at 9:53:36 pm

Add a keyframe for the parameter with the missing keyframes, now click the parameter name, "Position" "Opacity"...this highlights all the keyframes for that parameter. Now you can grab the keyframe that is visible and move it and the rest at one time.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

TImi Boose
on Jul 14, 2014 at 12:24:03 am

Hey that kind of works if i want to do one at a time - but i have like 60 layers and I had chosen a bunch of the beginning keyframes at once and pulled them over off the timeline. Is there anyway to see them all so i can just lasso them and drag them over?

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
on Jul 14, 2014 at 1:26:57 am

If I had done that, I probably would change the duration of my composition(cntl+K), add 10 seconds or so, then just select all my layers and move them until I could see all those missing keyframes and then
re-adjust my comp from there.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

TImi Boose
on Jul 14, 2014 at 7:07:05 am

omg - thank you!!!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]