ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

what happened to those grey grabby bars that let you move your view around when zoomed in comp window?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
keith mannwhat happened to those grey grabby bars that let you move your view around when zoomed in comp window?
by on Jul 25, 2014 at 12:06:10 am

Stopped with After Efforts many years ago. It used to have, and photoshop still has, little grey grabby bars on the bottom and right hand edge of the comp window, so you could move your view around while zoomed in. What happened to them? How do you look at different parts of the screen now?

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: what happened to those grey grabby bars that let you move your view around when zoomed in comp window?
by on Jul 25, 2014 at 3:34:36 am

Press and hold the space bar, use the hand to move around.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: what happened to those grey grabby bars that let you move your view around when zoomed in comp window?
by on Jul 25, 2014 at 5:12:19 pm

Holding down the h (for hand) key also does the trick.

I'll buy a beer for the person who successfully organizes the panoply of AE keyboard shortcuts into an eaily-understood system. The folks at Adobe do their best, but I still get puzzled.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Anders HattneRe: what happened to those grey grabby bars that let you move your view around when zoomed in comp window?
by on Jul 30, 2014 at 8:26:51 am

....also hold down shift while pressing spacebar and the image scrolls A LOT! nifty when you are zoomed in or working on large footage.

Cool thing that works in both AE and PS is that pressing and holding a shortcut key changes to that tool temporarily, and changes back to your initial tool when you release the key.

http://www.ardillamedia.com

Return to posts index

keith mannRe: what happened to those grey grabby bars that let you move your view around when zoomed in comp window?
by on Jul 31, 2014 at 12:40:05 am

its been over 10 years since my on-line editor days, and man, I miss you guys. Still what the 'net used to be. Many thanks.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]