ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Presets Problem

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Patrick BrontePresets Problem
by on Jun 26, 2010 at 7:10:58 am

I'm following AE Apprentice and have reached the section under "Layer Control"- Adobe Presets. For some reason I can view them in Br and they have been placed into the presets folder in the Ae Presets folder under the Ae applications folder and can be seen there. But I cant access them in Ae in order to apply them to the comp. I've enabled them in the Effects & Presets Options menu but still no go!

What do I need to do to access them in Ae so I can use them?

Any help would be very much appreciated!

Return to posts index

David JohnsonRe: Presets Problem
by on Jun 26, 2010 at 12:31:27 pm

You should be able to just go to AE's "Animation" menu, select "Apply Animation Preset" and navigate to the preset you want within the presets folder ... is that not working?

Return to posts index

Patrick BronteRe: Presets Problem
by on Jun 27, 2010 at 5:04:12 am

It doesn't seem to be working...when I click on the animation menu its always grayed out [even when Effects and Resets is highlighted?]. Why would it be doing this and what should I be doing to get around it or prevent it?

Thanks for the reply!

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: Presets Problem
by on Jun 27, 2010 at 2:58:19 pm

Do you have a layer selected? You can't choose Apply Animation Preset from the Animation menu if no layer is selected. Animation presets must be applied to a layer. See this page for an overview of animation presets and this page for instructions on applying animation presets.

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
putting the 'T' back in 'RTFM' : After Effects Help on the Web
If a page of After Effects Help answers your question, please consider rating it. If you have a tip, technique, or link to share---or if there is something that you'd like to see added or improved---please leave a comment.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved