ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Delay a composition in order to match an audio file

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Håvard HalvorsenDelay a composition in order to match an audio file
by on Jun 24, 2010 at 9:21:11 am

I'm looking for a way to manipulate time in just a selected part of a composition. E.g. insert a few extra seconds in all graphs of all subcompositions in that period.

I need this to match an instruction-video that I've already completed. However, the audio-track was created later, and I'm now trying to match the audio-track with the composition. Some places, the audio track is too fast - and I fix this by just pausing the audio track. The problem is when the audio-track is too slow, and I need to make the video composition-animations go slower, including all sub-compositions.

Does anybody know a way to do this in AE CS5?

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: Delay a composition in order to match an audio file
by on Jun 24, 2010 at 2:51:31 pm

I'd use time-remapping.

You can do this on a whole composition by nesting the master composition and then applying time-remapping to the precomposition layer.

The audio would be in the higher-level (containing) composition, not the nested composition, so you're not time-remapping the audio.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
putting the 'T' back in 'RTFM' : After Effects Help on the Web
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If a page of After Effects Help answers your question, please consider rating it. If you have a tip, technique, or link to share---or if there is something that you'd like to see added or improved---please leave a comment.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]