ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

PNG Export: Transparency Issues

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Anthony AnagnostouPNG Export: Transparency Issues
by on Jun 21, 2010 at 7:52:02 am

Hello all.

I've recently upgraded to After Effects CS5 but I'm having some difficulties with the exporting settings.

For a long time, I've been using AE not only for making video comps, but also for exportins some static images. I know it sounds wrong, but it's really familiar to me, and I find it much more convenient and powerful than other problems.

The point is that with the new AE CS5, when I export a png sequence of frames, there's no transparency for the black/white background colors. Is there a special setting that I have to check, or what else?

Thank you all in advance! :)

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: PNG Export: Transparency Issues
by on Jun 21, 2010 at 4:33:30 pm

Check the Channels menu in the Output Module Settings dialog box. You can choose RGB or RGB+Alpha.

Here's a relevant excerpt from the Help document:

The output channels contained in the output movie. After Effects creates a movie with an alpha channel if you choose RGB+Alpha, implying a depth of Millions of Colors+. Not all codecs support alpha channels.
Note: All files created with a color depth of Millions of Colors+, Trillions of Colors+, or Floating Point + have labeled alpha channels; information describing the alpha channel is stored in the file. Therefore, you do not have to specify an alpha interpretation each time you import an item created in After Effects."

BTW, I use After Effects for still-image work, too. ;-)

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
putting the 'T' back in 'RTFM' : After Effects Help on the Web
If a page of After Effects Help answers your question, please consider rating it. If you have a tip, technique, or link to share---or if there is something that you'd like to see added or improved---please leave a comment.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved