ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Critical Error in Boris Continuum Complete 6.

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jose Saraiva
Critical Error in Boris Continuum Complete 6.
on Jun 19, 2010 at 2:21:41 am

I have a computer with the following configuration:
I5 CORE INTEL PROCESSOR 650 3.2 GHZ, Intel motherboard DH55TC, 4GB of DDR3 1333 MHz DUAL CHANNEL;
I installed the Boris Continuum Complete 6 and trying to use it, I return the message "Critical Error, Card is reporting insufficient shader support;"
And I can not enable OpenGL to resolve this conflict ...
Can someone please give me any tips on how to solve this problem?
I thank you!

Return to posts index

Jason Myres
Re: Critical Error in Boris Continuum Complete 6.
on Jun 19, 2010 at 5:20:03 pm

Which video card are you using? Shaders are instructions used by your video card GPU to render effects. You may need to upgrade your video card to enable the effects that are giving you the error. Turing on OpenGL isn't a solution, as you will probably not be able to use it until you have a more capable GPU.

JM

Return to posts index

Jose Saraiva
on Jun 19, 2010 at 7:09:58 pm

Thank you for your attention and comer to help!
The video card in my computer is Intel HD series Graphics (Core I5), the drive is very current, dated 06/16/2010, my OS is Windows XP SP2, DirectX is version 9.0, physical memory 3253 MB and 256 MB video card, processor x86 family 6 model 37 stepping 2 ...
- These are the information that you should pass on the video card?
Anyway, thanks for your help?

Return to posts index

Jason Myres
on Jun 21, 2010 at 5:39:22 pm

OK, that makes total sense then.

The on-board graphics on your motherboard are fine for everyday things, but when you're using After Effects or any other video-intensive, 3D-capable application you generally need a discreet graphics card.

Tom's Hardware has a rolling list of the best graphics cards at different price ranges. Any of the better cards from Nvidia or ATI should eliminate your error message:

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/graphics-card-geforce-radeon,2646.html#...

JM

Return to posts index

Jose Saraiva
on Jun 21, 2010 at 6:19:12 pm

Hehehehe!
Honestly I was afraid that this was the solution! But do what?
There goes my savings, expenses Expenses and more ...
Buy a video accelerator card, then ...
But, not wanting to abuse your good will! - Can you please tell me what would be the most ideal card (cost benefit) for me to add the configuration of my pc?
My sincere thanks!

Return to posts index

Jason Myres
on Jun 21, 2010 at 6:55:05 pm

In my PC Workstation I use an Nvidia Quadro FX580. It's not the most powerful card on the planet, but for $180 it is very solid, and compatible with just about any creative application you can think of.

If you are interested in the Mercury Engine collaboration between Adobe and Nvidia, you could take a look at the GTX285. They are available for PC for about $250, but require a large power supply (600W+) and two aux power connectors to run.

The components of a GPU that helps to accelerate the rendering of video effects are called stream processors. The Quadro FX580 has 96, the GTX285 has 240. There are other factors as well though, including VRAM, GPU clock speed, etc, but really you just need to get off of your on-board graphics and into a discreet card to fix your problem.

If you are on a budget, I would look at the FX580. It should eliminate your shader error, and get you working again.

JM

Return to posts index

Jose Saraiva
on Jun 21, 2010 at 7:32:05 pm

Ok, thank you even for your contributions!
I believe that will follow your advice and opted for FX580, this will avoid spending on other food sources, etc. ..
Until the next and, again, thank you!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]