ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Too many particles!

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
joe mcneilly
Too many particles!
on Jun 9, 2010 at 9:54:38 pm

I'm trying to make a subtle particle effect, and i'm getting too many particles! I used particle playground first, and that was great except the particles were too square and crisp. Particle World and Particle Systems II have many more choices for particle types, but the lowest "birth rate" is still way too many particles. playground has a particles per second control, which worked perfectly...

so i either need to make nicer particles in Playground, or reduce the quantity of particles in World or Systems. any ideas?

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
Re: Too many particles!
on Jun 10, 2010 at 1:31:31 pm

What's the lowest birth rate you used? 'Cause you can get it pretty dang low. Is a birth rate of 0.005 producing too many particles?

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

joe mcneilly
on Jun 10, 2010 at 9:44:01 pm

If I go below .1, it automatically bumps it back up to .1 =/

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
on Jun 14, 2010 at 8:26:52 pm

Does it actually bump it back to 0.1 or is that just how it shows it when you click off of it? Like, when you click back on it, does it go to the value you typed in or is it back to 0.1?
In either case, you could apply a wiggle expression to make it wiggle between 0 and .1 particles.
Or make some keyframes between 0 and .1 and apply a loopOut() expression so that they repeat.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]