ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Confusion with light sweep

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Cody KyleConfusion with light sweep
by on Jun 2, 2010 at 2:34:17 am

Today I tried to mimic an effect at work and for the life of me I could not figure out how they did it. It seemed so simple to achieve. What the graphic was that on the screen there was a phone number and (what I thought was a light sweep) traveled across the text and bled out into the comp. The whole effect lasted 4 seconds and started from one end to the next. When I tried to mimic it with light sweep in AE CS5 the width would only go a few pixels out and not out at a greater distance than I would like (even when I put the settings to the max)! is there another generator out there or process I am unaware of on how to achieve this effect. Any input on this would be greatly appreciated.

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: Confusion with light sweep
by on Jun 2, 2010 at 2:54:35 pm

There are tons of different ways to achieve the effect. One way would be to use a mask on a duplicate text layer, then blur that layer (and set its blending mode to screen), and animate the mask moving across.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved