ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Exported .wmv or .avi file, my video is slowed down and muted

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tiffany MascarenhasExported .wmv or .avi file, my video is slowed down and muted
by on Jun 1, 2010 at 3:33:52 am

i'm doing one of those "cloning" videos where i have two of the same person in one shot and when i play it in the preview by pressing 0, it plays really slow and without audio, then it plays perfect.

it's at 29.97 fps on the composition and preview, but when i make a movie and play it back on window's media player or something, it's wayyy slower and kinda choppy and the sound is gone!

and if i save it has the RAM preview, which saves as an avi, it plays with the sound and the right speed but it's REALLY choppy! :(

how do i fix that?

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: Exported .wmv or .avi file, my video is slowed down and muted
by on Jun 1, 2010 at 8:28:08 am

Regarding the sound, see this:
"FAQ: Why is there no sound (audio) in my output file?"

Regarding the choppy playback:
I'm guessing that you just used the default settings. The default settings for AVI are for a video with no compression. An uncompressed movie is huge and is not intended for playback; it's intended as an intermediate file for further post-production work. These huge files can't be read from disk fast enough to be played in real time by most computers. For smooth playback on your computer, you need to compress the file. See this page: "Encoding and compression options for movies"

Since you're new to After Effects, I strongly recommend that you start here: "Getting started with After Effects"

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
putting the 'T' back in 'RTFM' : After Effects Help on the Web
If a page of After Effects Help answers your question, please consider rating it. If you have a tip, technique, or link to share---or if there is something that you'd like to see added or improved---please leave a comment.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved