ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

going back to Final Cut Pro from After Effects

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Frank Gutz
going back to Final Cut Pro from After Effects
on May 20, 2010 at 3:27:56 pm

first, i'm a total newbie to all this.

I've searched and searched and I couldn't find the answer. I'm sure it's so simple but since this is the first time I'm messing around with FCP and AE, I just don't know the answer.

I've used the Popcorn Island script to import my FCP sequence into AE CS3. That works fine. I was able to color correct in AE. ok so i'm down with AE, how do I go back to FCP? They only thing I can think of is to export or render the movie. But I don't want one long new movie.

How do I go back to FCP once I'm done color correcting in AE and keep the FCP sequence intact?

I'm using FCP6 and AE CS3

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: going back to Final Cut Pro from After Effects
on May 20, 2010 at 4:08:12 pm

[Frank Gutz] "They only thing I can think of is to export or render the movie.... How do I go back to FCP once I'm done color correcting in AE and keep the FCP sequence intact? "

Um, not to sound reprimanding, but that's something you should have considered before you started the AE work.

You can't just import an AE project file into FCP as you might a Motion project file. Won't work: two different software developers y'know, who are mildly at odds with one another to boot.

You have to render your AE work. Use the Render Queue, don't export: exporting is for weenies.

If you turn pale at huge file sizes, you MIGHT be able to cut down on file sizes IF you did the smart thing in FCP and used ProRes 422 footage. And please don't say you used native HDV in AE.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]