ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Basic animation prob

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bob Burwell
Basic animation prob
on May 1, 2010 at 9:42:55 am

A real elementary problem here, animating a ball! The small ball is at left side of screen. Hit the stopwatch in position property (k/f 1), move marker to 1 sec, move ball to centre screen (k/f 2)
No problem so far but now I want to scale the ball to fill the screen. Moved marker forward 1 sec. Hit scale stopwatch, scaled the ball up. (k/f 3). But the ball is now scaled up from k/f 1. Why is
that?

Return to posts index

Erik Waluska
Re: Basic animation prob
on May 1, 2010 at 7:07:27 pm

Because you only have one keyframe set so there's no animation. You have to set a keyframe for the starting scale value, then move a second or however far down the timeline and set a second keyframe with a different scale value.

-E

Return to posts index

Bob Burwell
on May 2, 2010 at 8:32:58 am

Thanks for that but I did have a k/f set at the start. i.e zero. Then I moved along setting 2 more. One with position moved and the other with scaling UP. So why is it then showing scaled UP at the start?

Return to posts index

Erik Waluska
on May 2, 2010 at 5:13:50 pm

So you have set two scale keyframes, right? The only way it would remain scaled up and not animate is if you only have one scale keyframe, or if all of the scale keyframes have the same value. So what are the scale values at each scale keyframe?

-E

Return to posts index

Bob Burwell
on May 3, 2010 at 3:44:56 pm

Hi Erik. I got it working right now. Maybe missed a scale k/f. Thanks for your help!

Return to posts index

Erik Waluska
on May 3, 2010 at 4:29:56 pm

No problem. Glad you got it figured out. Thanks for letting me know.

-E

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]