ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Exporting in DVCPRO HD 720

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Hunter HempenExporting in DVCPRO HD 720
by on Apr 30, 2010 at 11:50:15 pm

As displayed in the title, I am working with some footage from my campus's video services department that requires to be imported in DVCPRO HD 720 23.03789879879879787 fps etc etc. The problem is, once the footage is imported and appears on the preview screen under the correct settings, these vertical lines appear in the footage, almost like un-interlaced footage...but those are always horizontal when I see them.

When I render the footage as a Quick-time file, however, the vertical lines disappear in the final file, but the frame is squished to 4:3 instead of 16:9...this I don't know how to fix. When this 4:3 is imported into Premiere, however, it goes back to regular wide-screen as if nothing happened. What the hell is going on here??

Return to posts index

Hunter HempenRe: Exporting in DVCPRO HD 720
by on Apr 30, 2010 at 11:53:24 pm

Correct me on "un-interlaced" footage, I don't think that's the correct term. Maybe just interlaced. Wrong nounage.

Return to posts index

Greg RobbinsRe: Exporting in DVCPRO HD 720
by on May 2, 2010 at 4:53:26 am

The squashing of the video is because of the PAR (pixel aspect ratio). After Effects displays all footage in square pixels until you click the correct pixel aspect ratio button the on bottom of the comp window. Then it will display properly if using non square pixels. Premiere reads the PAR when it reads the video file and displays it properly. I recommend you read up on pixel aspect ratios. A quick google search should point you in the right direction.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved