ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Problems with Reinstall

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dale PaquetteProblems with Reinstall
by on Apr 29, 2010 at 10:31:01 am

Hello - I just got my Windows 7 64-bit OS up and running. I reinstalled AE CS3 Pro and got it up and running.

But, every time I open it, whether for something new or as an already saved project, I get two messages I don't know what to do with!

First is - AE error: opening resource file "Animated GIF.AEX" (1006). (3::54)

Second is - You have at least one output module template that refers to a missing output plug-in. Please check your Output Module Templates.

AE opens and works fine as soon as I click on these (sequentially).

Any thoughts about what to do?? Thanks, Dale

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: Problems with Reinstall
by on Apr 29, 2010 at 4:39:23 pm

The second is likely related to the first. Something is wrong with your exporter plug-in for animated GIF. Since you shouldn't be exporting from After Effects to the animated GIF format, this isn't a big deal.

I'd delete the animated GIF .aex plug-in and then go in and modify (delete) the output module template for animated GIF.

BTW, if you want to create an animated GIF file, see this page, including this tip:

"Photoshop Extended offers more control for creating animated GIF movies. Create your animation in After Effects, render and export to an intermediate format (such as a QuickTime movie), open the movie in Photoshop Extended, and export to animated GIF using Save For Web & Devices."

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
putting the 'T' back in 'RTFM' : After Effects Help on the Web
If a page of After Effects Help answers your question, please consider rating it. If you have a tip, technique, or link to share---or if there is something that you'd like to see added or improved---please leave a comment.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved