ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Horizontal lines across moving subjects?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ash DavisHorizontal lines across moving subjects?
by on Apr 28, 2010 at 1:07:54 pm

Hi Guys

I have some footage that I've captured on to AE, all of which I used a tripod to shoot. The stills and backgrounds are fine but anything moving has horizontal lines around the edges, is there anyway I can elimate the lines?

Return to posts index

Dave JohnsonRe: Horizontal lines across moving subjects?
by on Apr 28, 2010 at 2:03:25 pm

Sounds like you may be referring to the jagged edges that are normal with interlaced footage ... check AE's interpret footage settings to make sure the footage has been interpreted correctly (i.e., interlaced or non-interlaced, etc.). You can de-interlace the fooatge if needed depending on what you want your output to be, but if it is supposed to be interlaced, it will look fine on a TV so de-interlacing may not be necessary or appropriate.

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: Horizontal lines across moving subjects?
by on Apr 28, 2010 at 6:40:10 pm

To add to what Dave said:

You should be separating fields when you import interlaced footage.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
putting the 'T' back in 'RTFM' : After Effects Help on the Web
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If a page of After Effects Help answers your question, please consider rating it. If you have a tip, technique, or link to share---or if there is something that you'd like to see added or improved---please leave a comment.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]