ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

simple composition question

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ash Davis
simple composition question
on Apr 27, 2010 at 12:58:14 pm

Hi guys

I fairly new to after effcts, I am currently doing a project on motion graphics and have to edit a 3-4 minute video with a lot of motion graphics!

I'm planning on only using AE for the editing but don't want to use the same time-line for the whole thing. Can I break it up in segments and use different composition for each effect and then at the end, put all these segments and effects together into one fluid timeline?

I'm sure this is a very simple question but I'm very new and still getting use to the software.

Thanks

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: simple composition question
on Apr 27, 2010 at 4:07:56 pm

[Ash Davis] "Can I break it up in segments and use different composition for each effect and then at the end, put all these segments and effects together into one fluid timeline? "

Yes, you can. But you should understand COMPLETELY that it's very cumbersome to edit in AE.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
Re: simple composition question
on Apr 28, 2010 at 1:16:48 pm

I agree with Dave. AE is not an editing application. It's like trying to cut your steak with a spoon. You can, but there are much better tools out there with which to do it.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]