ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Preview Audio within a Comp

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jesse Skellington Preview Audio within a Comp
by on Apr 27, 2010 at 4:21:35 am

Hello All,

I would like to preview my audio within a composition (comp) within After Effects version CS4. Right now I am editing the compositions that have animated text, bullets and images by going back to the main composition to be previewed. Then going back to the sub composition to adjust the animation.

I am thinking there must be a way to preview the audio so that I can better align the animation to the audio track.

Thank you in advance for your help :-)

Cheers
-=Jesse=-

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: Preview Audio within a Comp
by on Apr 27, 2010 at 1:16:29 pm

If I understand you correctly, your main comp has the audio track and you're attempting to adjust the animation in a precomp. Is that correct?

If so, why not copy the audio into the precomp? Just make sure you delete it before you render.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Jesse SkellingtonRe: Preview Audio within a Comp
by on Apr 27, 2010 at 3:35:41 pm

Hey Michael,

Thanks for your reply :-)

The main comp's audio is 1 hour long. The pre-comp is about 1 second long. In this pre-comp; I have 2 bullets that fades-in & wipe to the right with some text that fades-in. this matches the speakers dialog. I have a lot of them to do.

Cheers
-=Jesse=-

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Preview Audio within a Comp
by on Apr 27, 2010 at 4:13:14 pm

If I were doing the work, I'd only use AE to do the video animations. How long to the last, a second or so? Then I would sync up alpha-channeled animation and sound efx in my editing application, which contains the hour-long bast track.

It's a LOT less work, and boatloads less rendering.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Jesse SkellingtonRe: Preview Audio within a Comp
by on Apr 27, 2010 at 11:13:20 pm

Here is my project; I hope this helps :-)

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: Preview Audio within a Comp
by on Apr 28, 2010 at 2:46:29 pm

You can align your timeline marker to the beginning of one of the precomps and trim the audio layer to it. Then copy and paste the audio layer into the precomp. That way it'll be lined up properly.

Or you can get it roughly correct, then redo the audio to match the video more closely later in your editing program.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]