ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

How to do THIS effect...

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeremy Donaldson
How to do THIS effect...
on Apr 26, 2010 at 2:12:55 am

@ 0:23

The title jumps around and so fourth.

Is this an EFFECT? or What do I need to do in order to achieve this effect? Of course I could move position, keyframe, move, etc but is this some sort of shake / wiggle effect?

Return to posts index

Youssef Sarhan
Re: How to do THIS effect...
on Apr 26, 2010 at 3:04:10 am

Just keyframe it.

Return to posts index

Steve Roberts
Re: How to do THIS effect...
on Apr 26, 2010 at 1:09:48 pm

You could apply the wiggle expression to one axis (google wiggle Y axis expression). For the amp variable, you need to select it and pickwhip it to the slider value of an expression control effect which can be applied to the text layer or to a null layer. Then, finally, you animate the slider value from a high value to zero to make the text settle.

The animated slider effect controls the wiggle expression which controls the Y-position of the text.

If you want to see the wiggling text more than once over the running time of the comp, you may want to avoid applying the slider to a null -- just apply the slider to the same layer as the text, get it right, then dupe the text layer and retype the text if necessary.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 All Rights Reserved