ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

After Effects importing 1080p MP4 at wrong dimensions

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nettie Tien
After Effects importing 1080p MP4 at wrong dimensions
on Jan 13, 2015 at 3:53:53 am

Hi there!

I've recently received a 1920x1080 H264 MP4, 90fps, 22.7Mbps bitrate, no audio. The person I received it from rendered the original file from Unreal Engine 4 as a 220GB AVI, then transcoded in Freemake to the H264 MP4. After Effects is importing this file as 16x160, 90 fps. I am able to play the MP4 in VLC, but not Quicktime or Compressor. Adobe Media Encoder also thinks the file is 16x160. See below screenshots from After Effects and Adobe Encoder for reference.

Any ideas why this is happening? I have tried poking around the forum and haven't found the same exact issue.

Thank you for your help!! :)

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
Re: After Effects importing 1080p MP4 at wrong dimensions
on Jan 13, 2015 at 8:25:55 pm

That's really strange, not sure why it's happening and only solution I have is a hail mary, but try changing the extension from .mp4 to .mov----it should play from QT then, not sure if AE will work with it better. Also, go to "help" and make sure you are running the latest version of after effects(Updates...).

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Nettie Tien
on Jan 14, 2015 at 2:05:29 am

Thanks for the suggestion John!

Unfortunately, QT doesn't like it :(

I'm currently using AE CS6 11.0.3.6. I'm hoping I don't have to upgrade to CC just to use this file?

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
on Jan 14, 2015 at 2:47:42 pm

Post on the main AE forum, it's a little more trafficked and there are some people who know the nitty gritty of codecs better. Also, include, AE version, computer info, software OS and codec information.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Cow boy
on Jan 28, 2015 at 8:33:46 am

Although After Effects like CS4, CS5, CS6, CC supports MP4 natively. there are many video, audio codec problems occurred while importing MP4 video into AE in that MP4 can be wrapped with many different codecs.Google and you will find more information.Good luck!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]