ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

after effects cs4 and winodws 7 64bit

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Aqeel Samiafter effects cs4 and winodws 7 64bit
by on Apr 25, 2010 at 8:36:46 am

I want to know how could i make sure that i installed after effects cs4 on windows 7 64bit correctly because windows 7 64bit can even accepts 32 bit softwares. how could i know that i did everthing correctly because i installed after effects and found it in program files (x86).moreover,i think that after effects which is installed on windows 7 64bit and the one installed on another windows xp 32 are the same but i heard that there is a noticable difference between them. thanks alot

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: after effects cs4 and winodws 7 64bit
by on Apr 25, 2010 at 2:57:50 pm

> I want to know how could i make sure that i installed after effects cs4 on windows 7 64bit correctly because windows 7 64bit can even accepts 32 bit softwares. how could i know that i did everthing correctly because i installed after effects and found it in program files (x86).

There is nothing wrong with what you describe. The Program Files (x86) directory is where 32-bit applications get installed on 64-bit Windows. After Effects CS4 is a 32-bit application.

> moreover,i think that after effects which is installed on windows 7 64bit and the one installed on another windows xp 32 are the same but i heard that there is a noticable difference between them.

It's the same application. What's different is that the 64-bit OS can see and use more memory, and that allows After Effects to more effectively take advantage of Render Multiple Frames Simultaneously multiprocessing.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
putting the 'T' back in 'RTFM' : After Effects Help on the Web
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If a page of After Effects Help answers your question, please consider rating it. If you have a tip, technique, or link to share---or if there is something that you'd like to see added or improved---please leave a comment.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]