ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Output Video With No Background (Transparency)

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
firat paskalOutput Video With No Background (Transparency)
by on Apr 24, 2010 at 1:23:19 pm

Hello. I have a problem I can not get over. I have searched the board, but nothing came up. I have been working on a short project about transparency Title animation in AE to use it on another video editing application. However, I can not get an output video with no background nor I dont know how to. I just enabled "transparency grid view" option on preview box, I dont know if it is enough or not. So I really need help of you. Please keep your posts simple, I am not an expert AE user after all. Thanks in regards.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Output Video With No Background (Transparency)
by on Apr 24, 2010 at 5:13:18 pm

You should use the Render Queue. Don't Export! Use the Make Movie or Add To Render Queue commands.

When your comp is in the Render Queue, click on the Output Module to change the settings. You will need to select a codec that supports Alpha Channels. You will know you have one when words like "RGB + Alpha" and "Millions of Colors +" are not greyed out.

Since I'm a Mac guy, I always make Quicktime Movies, and I select either the PNG or Animatuions codecs. Both Support alpha channels.

And you can always look up the topics of Render Queue, Output Module, Alpha Channel Codecs and other things in AE's Online Help. The search function works VERY well:

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

firat paskalRe: Output Video With No Background (Transparency)
by on Apr 25, 2010 at 10:45:03 am

Thank you so much sir.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved