ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Western - Shoot a title

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Thomas MissaultWestern - Shoot a title
by on Apr 21, 2010 at 8:24:45 pm

Hey,

I'm working on a school project at the moment. I'm doing a short western movie, about two cowboys.
I have an idea for a title, but I have no idea how to execute it. Hopefully you can help.

I'd like the title to be shot by a gun. In other words, there a black screen and then a guns is heard shooting and the bullets make the title.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Western - Shoot a title
by on Apr 21, 2010 at 8:48:35 pm

That would be a TON o' shootin'! To make letters with bullet holes, it would sound more like machine guns than six shooters.

I'd be tempted instead to make the title in an old-west typeface, then animate 3-4 bullet holes in it, with the final one really plastering it, making it spin & fly out of the shot.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: Western - Shoot a title
by on Apr 22, 2010 at 1:31:34 pm

Aw, c'mon Dave! Maybe the film title is O O. That would only be two bullets.
:)
I agree with Dave. However, if you really want to the title to be made out of bullet holes, my suggestion would be to create your bullet hole image and use it as a particle. Set CC Particle World, Trapcode's Particular, or whatever your favorite particle effect is, to have 0 velocity and then animate your producer/emitter in the shape of your letter. You'll need to keyframe the particles per second to turn them off between strokes.

If you have the chance, you should make multiple bullet hole images and put them in sequence in a precomposition and tell your particle system to use a random still frame from the precomp as the particle. That way the bullet holes aren't all obviously the same.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: Western - Shoot a title
by on Apr 22, 2010 at 1:33:46 pm

Alternatively, there's always this.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]