ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Which approch?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Hamid Rohi-BilverdyWhich approch?
by on Apr 21, 2010 at 11:48:46 am

So this question is probraly a newbi one, so please bare with me.

Which or what approch is the correct or the best one, when inside your AE comp, have a couple of minuts footage, and you want to cut small chunks or pieces out for editing in another editing program e.g particle illusion and import it back to AE and put it in the correct chunk/piece that you cut out?

I know that you can trim the work area and render that part out with an alpha channel for particle illusion, after editing in pI, how to get ti back in the correct position in timeline? Sorry for this question.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Which approch?
by on Apr 21, 2010 at 1:00:11 pm

Have you tried simply counting frames? Or counting seconds and frames? It works really well.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: Which approch?
by on Apr 21, 2010 at 2:20:26 pm

If you leave your clip cut out in your AE timeline, simply alt-drag your new footage from the project window onto your layer in the timeline.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Hamid Rohi-BilverdyRe: Which approch?
by on Apr 21, 2010 at 4:33:19 pm

Thanks Dave and Micheal.

I will try to count some frames then.

Michael, if I drag with the ALT tab and drops it on a layer,will it not then replace the hole layer, I am cutting out pieces in different moments, so I guees I have to find out what frame I cut it out and remove that from my AE comp, after I render out that part, and then import the new one in as it own layer and match them up somehow.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved