ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Help With Seemingly Simple Project!

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tony BrittanHelp With Seemingly Simple Project!
by on Apr 16, 2010 at 12:40:50 pm

Yup...another noob question. I've got AE CS4 and haven't had time to learn much. I'm an accomplished editor in FCP who wants to up the ante and utilize the awesome power of AE!

Well, I have a client who I'm doing a national spot for and they want the opening sequence to be photos floating in 3D know, with them drifting toward the foreground (camera) and placed in different positions. If you watch A&E's Intervention they use this when talking about the subject when they were young.

The photos need to be kinda blurred when further back and come into focus as they get closer.

Like I said...this should be pretty simple. I'm looking for a tutorial or even a template I could purchase! I WILL learn how to work in AE but I don't have time to do this one by trial and error.

If anyone could point me in the right direction, I would be very grateful. BTW, there really isn't anything on videocopilot that is what I'm looking for and I know that's usually the first place that we think about :-)

Thank you in advance!!!

Tony Brittan

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: Help With Seemingly Simple Project!
by on Apr 16, 2010 at 6:08:38 pm

This tutorial will do pretty much what you are trying to accomplish...only problem, you need Trapcode Particular to do it.

You can accomplish the effect without though, particular just makes it a lot faster.

If you don't have or can't buy's not a very hard effect to set up. Once your photos are prepared(sized,framed...) take them all and drop them into a timeline. Enable the 3d switch(cube shape-last one on layer). Go to Layer > New > Camera and check "Enable Depth of Field". Now just twirl down the position properties of the pictures and move them all about in X,Y,Z space. If you twirl down the camera properties you will find you can adjust camera aperture and blur---so play with those to your liking. Finally set a couple of keyframes for the camera position and it will move through the photos.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor

Return to posts index

Tony BrittanRe: Help With Seemingly Simple Project!
by on Apr 16, 2010 at 8:44:28 pm

Way cool! I have the trapcode suite so this should pretty cool! Thank you for thaking the time to help me!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved