ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

How to make this effect?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Milko MisuHow to make this effect?
by on Apr 15, 2010 at 11:07:29 am

Im trying to the simillar effect which is shown in this clip.

The part im refering to is when its freezes the frame and changes the background color and the color of the person.

I tried making in photoshop but it didnĀ“t look similar.
Someone told me they did it in after effect

Return to posts index

Matt DragovitsRe: How to make this effect?
by on Apr 15, 2010 at 8:14:08 pm

Pretty sure you'll need a good rotoscoping plug-in if you want to get a high quality effect. You basically mask off each individual frame and paint in the colors you want. It's a great effect, but it does take time to pull it off properly.

Return to posts index

Milko MisuRe: How to make this effect?
by on Apr 16, 2010 at 1:48:24 pm

So Basically I need that plugin otherwise is well hard to do it?

Return to posts index

Greg RobbinsRe: How to make this effect?
by on Apr 18, 2010 at 9:58:18 am

No you do not need any plug ins. The way I would create this is create a freeze frame in AE, bring it into photoshop, mess around with some of the different filters and effects. Then save the image and bring it back into AE and place it over the freeze frame. That's it! No intense rotoscoping at all since its only a still frame which this effect is applied too. Just in photoshop (or AE if you don't have photoshop) mask out around the character, apply filters ie cutout/threshold to name a few, and then tint the final image to your desired color/colors.

Return to posts index

Tony BrittanRe: How to make this effect?
by on Apr 17, 2010 at 2:37:08 pm

I'm on my iPhone right now so I'm nit gonna go search the site for it but has a great tutorial on how to do this with basic AE. Go and search DJTV on there for it. The thumbnail has a dude playing baseball. Of course they are trying to sell their products (footage in this case) but the lessons are top notch and very informative. Oh...and FREE!

Tony Brittan

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved