ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Green Screen Edges

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jimmy StewartGreen Screen Edges
by on Apr 12, 2010 at 3:25:04 pm

I shot an actress on green screen, pulled the key easily using keylight...however, the edges of her body do not look very smooth. how can i help this? i have a photo of what im talking about but do not have the option of posting here.

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: Green Screen Edges
by on Apr 13, 2010 at 1:21:01 pm

When you say the edges aren't smooth, what do you mean? Are you talking about boiling on the edges of the image or are you just saying the edge is a bit harsh?
Keylight is a very complicated plugin and has tools to fix both of those issues.
Perhaps this posting will help a bit.
Or maybe this tutorial.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Jimmy StewartRe: Green Screen Edges
by on Apr 14, 2010 at 6:50:25 pm

thanks! the edges just look light they have a small hazy light around them...only on the subjects shirt. when i use "shrink/grow" to pull it back it effects the actresses hair.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Green Screen Edges
by on Apr 19, 2010 at 4:59:56 pm

The quality of the lighting makes a huge difference in the quality of the key. Bad lighting=bad key.

So does the footage you shoot: DV and HDV are just God-awful for keying. The reason: abysmal color resolution... and what do you think you should have for a color key? High-quality, high-resolution colors, perhaps?

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved