ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Cut off text problem

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dirk BaumannCut off text problem
by on Apr 6, 2010 at 11:24:10 am

Hello,

sorry, this might be a stupid question but I couldn't find anythin useful when I did run a search on this.

I have the following problem. When I put a text on a footage and apply the 3d text effect and rotate the text around, some parts of the text gets cut off/disappears. This only happens at the fringe of my footage. I tried to play around and move the text along the z-axis but didn't help.

You can find a screenshot here. As you can see the "A" of "After effects" is missing

Thank you!

Dirk

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: Cut off text problem
by on Apr 6, 2010 at 1:16:39 pm

Don't use the Basic 3d effect. Take that off! Use the layer's 3d properties. (Press R on your keyboard as a quick shortcut to get the rotation properties.)
If you absolutely MUST use the effect, rather than just animating the layer, you can precompose the layer and apply Basic 3d to the precomp. Although why you'd want to, I have no idea.
Since you're new to AE, let me point you to an extremely helpful resource. Go to this page and follow all of the links. Doing so will make you much less frustrated and help you enjoy the wonderful AE much quicker.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Cut off text problem
by on Apr 9, 2010 at 2:13:34 am

...what Michael said. To reiterate, you DO NOT USE BASIC 3D ON A 3D LAYER.

You should also scrutinize the link Michael provided. It's very helpful.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Dirk BaumannRe: Cut off text problem
by on Apr 9, 2010 at 10:47:53 am

Thank you,

it worked when I took off the "3d effect" but not matter what other effect I applied, e.g. corner pin to get some perspective on the text layer, parts of the text went missing again.

But thanks for the useful link.

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: Cut off text problem
by on Apr 12, 2010 at 1:20:48 pm

What? You don't need any effect to get perspective on the layer. Make the layer 3d and rotate it!
If you're not getting the look you want change the settings on your camera to have a wider angle lens. If you don't have a camera in your scene yet, add one.
However, like I said in my first post. If you precompose your text layer, you CAN add whatever effects you want and it won't get cut off.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]