ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

2 After Effects Problems Please Help!

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Fernando Trujano2 After Effects Problems Please Help!
by on Apr 4, 2010 at 10:25:13 pm

Hello, I am creating a typography video and have some problem with aftereffects.
Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated
Before I describe my problems I will list my system specs.

Intel Core i7 930
XSF Radeon HD 5770 (1GB)
1TB hardrive
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Aftereffects CS4

My fist problem is with the preview. Yesterday if I wanted to do a RAM preview I just clicked the button and IT would render the whole selection and preview it.. but then when I clicked it again.. it just renders about 2 seconds of the video and then stops (like if it ran out of RAM but I doubt that because I have 8GB installed...) Why is this happening and is there a way to fix it?

My second problem is with key frames. This one is very weird and therefore, hard to explain. It happens when I copy and paste a key frame so it will stay the same thought, say 2 sedconds.. The values of both keyframes is the same (eg Position 6,2,3 Position 6,2,3) so the text should not move..however, the text does move and it appears that there are key frames in the middle but there are not. The values start at 6,2,3 and then change to something else and then end at 6,2,3... This is very weird.. because there are only 2 key frames and somehow the data changes in between them.? Is there an option to fix this?

Please help me.. If you don't understand one of my problems I will be happy to elaborate more
I need help because this project is due soon and the preview thing is very annoying!

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: 2 After Effects Problems Please Help!
by on Apr 5, 2010 at 7:46:19 am

You have gotten answers to these questions on another forum. Please be courteous and cross-post your answers so that people don't waste their time trying to help you on this forum when you've received answers elsewhere.

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
putting the 'T' back in 'RTFM' : After Effects Help on the Web
If a page of After Effects Help answers your question, please consider rating it. If you have a tip, technique, or link to share---or if there is something that you'd like to see added or improved---please leave a comment.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved