ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

null object camera movement issue

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James Porternull object camera movement issue
by on Apr 4, 2010 at 2:31:15 am

Hi there, very rookie AE user here. I'm using AE CS4 to do a photo slide show. My camera is linked to a null object to make it simpler to move the camera. For some reason whenever I move the null object along x/y, a curve is created so that the z spacing moves. It always ends up in the same position at the beginning and end keyframes, but i don't want the null object moving along z space at all. Is this a setting that i somehow turned on?

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: null object camera movement issue
by on Apr 4, 2010 at 4:35:41 am

If you have the spatial interpolation for the keyframes set to Bezier, After Effects will try to make the animation as smooth as possible, which can sometimes have unintended consequences of undesired changes between keyframes. Try setting the spatial interpolation to Linear, and see if that helps.

If you want to control the dimensions of Position animations separately, you can do so. See this page.

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
putting the 'T' back in 'RTFM' : After Effects Help on the Web
If a page of After Effects Help answers your question, please consider rating it. If you have a tip, technique, or link to share---or if there is something that you'd like to see added or improved---please leave a comment.

Return to posts index

James PorterRe: null object camera movement issue
by on Apr 4, 2010 at 6:39:17 am

Thank you very much for the quick response. Worked perfect.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved