ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

AfterFX.exe No Disk Error

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Shaun PatrickAfterFX.exe No Disk Error
by on Apr 2, 2010 at 1:54:31 pm

I've been using After Effects for a long time... I recently became a PC based AE guy, have been MAC forever. I've been running into this error a lot lately and I can't figure it out or get around it.

"AfterFX.exe - No Disk in the drive"

This is happening when I launch a project or when I render. When I launch the project I click continue about a hundred times till it finally loads the project. As for Rendering, it will happen when I click start, the project will continue to render but no amount of clicking will make the error messaage go away. Even closing after Effects or trying to quick the process doesn't work. I have to do a Hard restart, and my Render is often missing frames. Any suggestions?

Return to posts index

Travis KellyRe: AfterFX.exe No Disk Error
by on Jul 16, 2010 at 8:29:00 pm

Here's what I found out, have you recently updated your PC or drives, etc? I had this issue and it was because a AE project file was hinting to a former drive letter. and that former letter just happened to be my new letter for the CD drive, I changed the drive letter on the disc that the AE file was in and it fixed it. Hope that helps

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved