ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Working in 3d - getting objects and text to match

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Olly LawerWorking in 3d - getting objects and text to match
by on Mar 28, 2010 at 12:00:18 pm

I've only just stared using AE and am creating a 3d animation.

Three quick questions.

1. When I select a new object or create text, it will show on screen, then when I click the 3d button, it disappears and I have to drag it to the correct position. Is there an easier was around this?

2. I have just created a rectangle, make it 3d, dragged it into position and then created some text, which will go over it. It's proving a pig to position exactly at the same angle/position as the rectangle. I have tried manually inputting the same position settings, but it still won't work. How do I match the text object to the position of the rectangle in AE when working in 3d?

3. Finally, I have an object flying past the camera and I want to reveal another object beind it as it does. I gussed the best way to achieve this is to animate a mask, although I can't figure out exactly how to do this...

Any help would be appreciated.

Kind regards,

Olly Lawer

Return to posts index

Joey ForemanRe: Working in 3d - getting objects and text to match
by on Mar 28, 2010 at 5:44:52 pm

Olly, I see your question was answered in the regular AE forum. Just so you know for future reference, it's considered bad Cow form to post the same question in both forums. Besides, most of us offer help in both forums anyway, so you don't have to worry about your post being seen.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved